For the broad mass market and the future spread of lithium-ion batteries for mobile or stationary energy storage, the manufacturing costs for battery cells must be further reduced. We develop efficient process and manufacturing technologies and transfer them to pre-industrial pilot plant scale. For this purpose, we have various pilot plants available under dry room conditions (TP-60°C) for slurry preparation, film coating in casting or extrusion processes, drying and post-compaction of battery electrodes.
An important part of cost reduction is the reduction of rejection rates. To this end, we are working on inline-capable test systems that perform non-destructive testing during electrode manufacturing and reliably detect defects or functional changes in the material composition or cell structure.
Research topics / services
- Development of efficient, environmentally friendly production technologies for battery electrodes
- Up-scaling of laboratory processes and technology transfer
- Evaluation of new material systems and components in electrode development
- Feasibility studies and consulting in the field of process scaling
- Inline testing systems for electrode and cell production
You can find detailed information here.